Intersouth’s investment criteria are straightforward. We invest in early-stage companies in the life science and technology sectors, with a particular focus on the Southeast.
- Stage: Seed and early-stage, early institutional rounds
- Type of Security: Equity only
- Investment Size: Initial investment between $500,000 and $6 million with an average total investment in a single company of $12 million
- Industries: Life Science (biopharmaceuticals, medical devices, agricultural biotechnology and biomaterials); Technology (software, semiconductor, communications, security companies)
- Not Considered: Airline, Apparel, Broadcasting, Consumer Product, Entertainment, Industrial, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Publishing, Real Estate or Restaurant
- Geography: The corridor between Baltimore and Florida with a focus on the Research Triangle region of North Carolina